The Ink Academy Creative Writing Course Includes:
We will discuss up to 5,000 words per session, in depth
Sessions are arranged flexibly around your life, over the course of 6 months
The Course in Detail
Your £2300 course fee covers:
- 9 one-to-one, hour-long sessions
- Your own personal tutor
- Close edits of 43,000 words of your writing
- 9 detailed written reports from your tutor
- Personalised advice on pitching your book and finding an agent
- Customised writing exercises
- Tailored reading recommendations
- Support throughout from the Ink Academy team
Your course will be tailored explicitly to you and what you want to write and achieve, but all courses will follow the same underlying structure:
- 1 one-hour introductory session, where you will discuss up to 3,000 words with your tutor — as well as where you are in the writing process more generally, where you want to be, and what you want to achieve over the course
- 8 one-hour tutorial sessions in which you will discuss up to 5,000 words per session. All sessions will be one-to-one and face-to-face, in person or by video call. You will have your own personal tutor, who will become a mentor and confidante to you over the course of the 6 months
- 6 months between the introductory session and the final tutorial session, with all sessions in between arranged flexibly around your life
How To Apply
We take applications all year round. We ask that you provide a brief sample of your work (1,000 – 3,000 words). We assess your submission to ascertain whether we think you’ll benefit from our course. This isn’t about whether you’re ‘good enough’ – it’s just to check that we are the right people to help you write your book.
We will then pair you with the tutor we think is best suited to your work.
The Creative Writing Course costs £2300 upfront and covers 9 hours of one-to-one meetings with your own professional editor-tutor, who will read, edit and discuss with you up to 43,000 words of your own writing.
Tutorials are usually conducted by video call, though we are always pleased to meet in person when mutually convenient.
If you’re not sure you want to commit to the full course, you can purchase the introductory session separately for £260.
The One-Off Consultation is an hour-long, one-to-one and face-to-face discussion with a personal tutor at which you will discuss up to 3,000 words of your writing, as well as where you are in the writing process and where you want to be, if relevant. Your tutor will advise you on how you can continue writing on your own.
This also makes a great gift for any budding writers in your life who need the impetus to get writing.
One-Off Consultations are usually conducted by video call, though we are always pleased to meet in person when mutually convenient.
Apply now for the Ink Academy Writing Course
Applying to the Ink Academy Writing Course is quick and simple. Just upload a sample of your writing below, along with your name and email address, and we will be in touch with enrolment details.
The sample of your writing does not need to be polished or perfect, or even from the work you want to develop on the course. It is just so that we can ensure our course is best placed to help you. For more details, please see our FAQs.